- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in a ministerial meeting
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 11.00 a.m., the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius meets with members of Uzbekistan’s parliamentary delegation
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 1:30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with Alina Marija Orentas, winner of the Foundation for Future Leaders of the Embassy of Lithuania in the U.S.
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 3.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Germany
- 2019-06-18 On 18 June at 4.00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius bids farewell to the Ambassador of Romania
Political Director meets with NATO’s Assistant Secretary General, discusses regional security challenges
On 28 March, the Political Director of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Asta Skaisgirytė met with NATO’s Assistant Secretary General for Public Diplomacy Tacan Ildem, who congratulated Lithuania on the 15th anniversary of its NATO membership. He also was glad that Lithuania's society stood out for its extremely high support for the Alliance’s policy.
According to survey results, even 85 per cent of the Lithuanian population believe that NATO is contributing to their security (the average of NATO member countries is 50 per cent).
The officials discussed preparations for the upcoming meeting of NATO Foreign Ministers on 3-4 April in Washington, D.C., the U.S.A. They exchanged views on security challenges in the Baltic region, the importance of the transatlantic link, the fight against disinformation, and the strengthening of societal resilience.